18 July, 2011

Mawaru Penguin Drum - Etsuko Yakushimaru

And yet again, I fell for an opening song. 
This time, "Mawaru Penguin drum's" OP made by Etsuko Yakushimaru and Metropolitan Orchestra.
I have this thing of liking music that is a tad off... or just plain weird? But not in a bad way, at least not in my opinion.
Well, I really like Etsuko Yakushimaru's sound. She have done music for other anime series, like "Arakawa under the bridge" and "Denpa onna to seishun otoko". I have seen neither, but still.
I think "Etsuko" is a little bit like "Ali Project" or "Chara" - either you love the sound or you hate it.

Anyways, Mawaru Penguin drum is about two brothers, who have a sister with poor health. They live alone, together. And they really do have good chemistry, it's sweet.
It actually brings out a lot of heavy subjects, like death. But it is still kind of hilarious and gives you this "wtf" moments. Especially the penguins.

The director of this anime, is Kunihiko Ikuhara who did the Utena and Sailor Moon series. And I have to say, that this transformation - In Mawaru Penguin drum, is spectacular... and dazzling.
The background art in the anime, is really something special you should notice. It's really great and precise.  
I'm not really sure what I think of the anime yet, but I just HAVE to look at it. And there are some hints here and there, that I like to resolve.

The opening song by Etsuko Yakushimaru - Noruniru (TV size)




And a bonus, with the transformation ~
Mawaru Penguin Drum - Rock over Japan.



No comments:

Post a Comment