12 September, 2011

[Sound of the Week] Bump of Chicken - Sento Erumo no hi


☆ Sound of the Week!

I have always loved Bump of Chicken's music, and their lyrics. I never get tired of them, and always come back to them - from time to time.
Their lyrics are kind of special, you can really relate to it easily. Since the lyrics are very "open" and you can read in what you feel into it, depending on how you, yourself, read and understand it.

Bump of Chicken - Sento erumo no hi (Cosmonaut album 2010)


Will I be able to catch up with you before the night ends? We're on the same hill road, in different locations.
Walking towards the same place, I wonder what kind of face you're making right now.
 

I wonder how far along are you?

We both know as much words as the other, the number of words we'd both don't know is also the same.
I willfully followed you, so don't mind me and just go, See?
We are in the same boat. 

How far are you? I wonder if you've noticed how beautiful the stars are?
If I've noticed, it's thanks to you, because I was always looking upwards. 

The path suddenly became precipitous, I need to use my hands.
I hope I won't injure myself while I climb here.
It's when I stood still that I realized it's so cold it makes me laugh, I should have brought a coat.
 

When we tried to understand each other, we became lost. No matter how close or faraway we are, we are both such a bother.
That's why I followed you, I'm easy to understand, it's a little tiresome, but it's fun.

How far are you? I wonder if you've found that small flower shivering.
If I'm not scared of the dark, it's thanks to you, because it's the path you walked on too.

There is nothing I want to say, there is nothing I want to hear.
But there are a few things I want to transmit to you.

There is no worth at all, to the absurd truth.
Of me having followed you, but I just wanted you to know that much.

I wonder how far along are you? I wonder how far apart we are?

I'll rest while I tie my shoelaces and I know it's a mere detail, but canteens are convenient.
Silence smiled at the night sky I laid down under, and the moon sways as it blurs. 

My heart is full of something I don't understand, my legs still move even though I'm that tired.
I wasn't walking in the same direction as you, I'm walking towards you.
 

How far are you? Existing together is not something easy.
We came this far by earnestly deciphering the other's breath.
How far are you? If you haven't noticed the song I've unleashed
I'll sing it anytime, it's thanks to you, because you always look for me
And because you always find me.

I wonder what kind of face you're making right now, it's a little tiresome, but it's fun
See? We are in the same boat. And now, which song should I sing?
I wonder how far along are you? I wonder how far apart we are?
I wonder how much I've caught up to you?
And now, which song should I sing?

2 comments:

  1. "It's when I stood still that I realized it's so cold it makes me laugh, I should have brought a coat." = Jag skulle ha sprungit ner och hämtat min jacka och sedan försöka klättra upp igen. Det går alltid fortare andra gången för då vet man hur man gör.

    Andra gången du klättrar upp så ska du göra det medan du sjunger denna låt, för då kan jag nästan garantera att du har ett leende på läpparna när du kommer upp om du har förstått vad låten handlar om.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWdo0i03aw

    But yeah, that's what I should do. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vad låten handlar om, är nog olika från person till person egentligen. Man förknippar text med något man upplever själv.

    Och joo, klart att allt är enklare andra gången. Men någon gång ska alltid vara den första också.

    ReplyDelete