28 September, 2011

[Movie] Ninja Assassin


I haven't seen this, until now. And I don't really know why. But now I ate it like a pie.
Okay, enough with the rhymes.

Ninja Assassin (2009) is a story about Raizo, played by Rain, who is raised to be a ninja assassin. The Ozuno Clan takes orphan children, who is enrolled and brutally trained to kill. Raizo is chosen by Lord Ozuno (Sho Kosugi) himself, to be his son, and to become the best. Therefor Raizo goes through excruciate pain both mentally and physically, to harden himself.



Kiriko (Kylie Goldstein), doubted the way of the clan, already from the beginning. She was the only one, showing some affection and love towards Raizo. One night, she decides to leave and run for freedom. She ask if Raizo wants to come with her, but he declines - because he don't know any other way.When Kiriko gets caught, she is branded as a traitor of the "family" and punished with death.
Raizo sees the only one he harbor any feelings for, get executed right before his eyes.
Raizo now begin to realize certain things, and with time and from carrying a lot of resentment and pain, he decides to go against the clan and Ozuno - who calls himself his father.

Mika Coretti, (Naomi Harris) is investigating political murders. She realize, from the money transfers, that it is linked with Ozuno. But as soon as she deepens in the investigation and comes to a conclusion, she is haunted by the very ninja assassins themselves. Fortunately, Raizo finds her first - but now they have the whole clan after them.

I, myself like splatter and blood in this kind of movies. So this one is for certain a good pick in that genre. I assure you, blood and splatter - it delivers. It is a bit unreal with the blood everywhere. But have you seen "Kill Bill", then you know that the unreal can be really good. 
They say, Rain is South Korea's pride - since he got the South Korean actors on the map. Or South Korea overall, on the map? But actually, I think they kind of underestimate themselves. Cause, in my opinion, South Korea is already out in the open - with the very popular k-pop all over the world. And also the k-drama. I don't know, but I don't think they understand how popular they really are. Well, this is for another discussion though. 



I like Rain as an actor, he is most definitely a good actor. But, unfortunately - since he don't know English that well, his acting drops a bit. His lines seems forced and his tone of voice is in the same range all the time. 
It is hard to act and talk with emotion, when you don't know the language well enough. So I'm not blaming him. With a little more English, his good to go. I would like to see him in more American produced movies, in the future. I also like the fact, that Lee Joon (MBLAQ) are playing Raizo while young. He also did a really good job in his acting.   

The fighting scenes are special, I especially like the last one. While fire sparks, gleam through the air and the building is burning down, you will see them fight with every little detail in focus. It is kind of beautiful. 
As I said, the fighting is a bit unreal with legs and arms flying everywhere. But the way they film it, it becomes somehow thrilling. You'll see the blade of the knife sweep in a second, next to the camera. And in all, it is as I said, beautiful. Those fighting scenes wouldn't be as good, if it wasn't for how it was filmed. 



This is a Warner bros. pictures and amongst the producers, there are Joel Silver, who have been producing "The Matrix" movies and also "The Book of Eli". The director of the movie is James McTeigue, who debuted with directing "V for Vendetta". 

All in all, this is not a great movie, because I didn't get any emotions or feelings from the movie overall. But indeed, a worthy and good movie. The pictures and scenery are beautiful and it is greatly done. When I saw the first fight scene, I cracked out in laughter, because it was so damn epic. It is definitely worth seeing. 

Ninja Assassin Trailer ~


I wounder if they couldn't show the worst blood scenes in the trailer.... Probably. And I'm laughing my ass of, at the last scene in there. *POW*

1 comment:

  1. MovieNinja is an online streaming portal that provides users access to watching free Movies and TV series in different genres.

    ReplyDelete