23 December, 2011

KBS Music Bank in Paris (February 9th, cancelled!)



Part.3
I went to sleep pretty early last night. And all of the sudden I wake up, in the middle of the night. So I logged in on my Facebook, to see if I had any new messages. And, well, I had. But somehow, I just felt like I needed to check on some other stuff as well. And BOM! Right in my face... 
"Music bank k-pop festival annulled the 9th of February"
I actually thought I was having a bad dream... But it wasn't a dream at all. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and ran to the computer. Wrote fnactickets a mail about wanting to change my tickets to the 8th instead, and get a refund. I mean, I tried to keep my hope up about it all and that we would be able to see them at least... And then I went to bed again. Still couldn't sleep though. 

This is what they were saying about it;
"
The Music Bank-K-Pop Festival in Paris is a production that requires a lot of infrastructure and logistics. More than was expected. We won’t be able to exit the venue without affecting their operational schedule; We are therefore obligated to cancel the show scheduled on February 9th. The tickets can be refunded or exchanged for the 8th February show where they were purchased."

Eventually, I got up again. Sat down in front of the computer and talked to some friends, that didn't know the news yet. We all kind of panicked. Since our flights and hostels where already booked and payed for. And the whole reason we where going to Paris, was because of the Music Bank concert.
I think it is pretty weird that the news didn't get out in a better way. I mean, not all people do actually read on that website. And they should have known about the difficulties too. It felt like the worst Christmas present ever anyway.

But we solved it!!! Since I didn't get any answer on my mail, my friend called instead. Pretty nerve-racking to call to France all of the sudden. But what to do. 

It was not possible to change our tickets on the 9th to the 8th. But I got a refund and we could order new ones on the 8th, by ourself again. And I GOT THEM! (I'm lucky I had the money, and I hope I get my refund soon.) Around the same spot, where we were placed before. So all ends well.
We have tickets for Music Bank on the 8th instead... We will have to go to the hostel and leave our things and then immediately go straight for the line-up to the concert. And then we have three days to do what ever, in Paris. Pretty good.
My other friends, made it work out as well. So we are all set... And we are going together in my car, early in the morning (around 04.00 am) to get to the airport. Four people in the car with me included and the rest, from other places, gathered in the airport - eight in total. Now, this is going to be epic. And nothing else will get in our way!
Music Bank, about six weeks to go...  And then we'll meet. 

2 comments: