27 August, 2011

SHINee


So, who's looking forward to SHINee's new Digital single? I am! 

To be truthful here. The first song I heard from Shinee, was "Ring Ding Dong". And I can tell you, I hated it. I thought it sounded like the freaking frog song... you know, that annoying frog with a pilot-hat? You could hear that song wherever you went, when it was popular... So, yeah. "Ring Ding Dong" didn't really fit my kind of taste. And I decided that I wouldn't listen to Shinee again. Big mistake, right? Yeah... I got it.
You should never judge a group from ONE song. Especially not a K-pop band - since they sound pretty different from song to song.
When the album "Lucifer" came, I pretty much wrapped my stupid thoughts in a bag and threw it far....far... away. So I started listening to them and fell ....  
But the funny thing is, I like "Ring Ding Dong" now... And SHINee is one of my favorite K-pop bands.

SHINee is a South Korean band, which debuted in 2008 with "Replay". They debuted in Japan, now in 2011. And they consists of five members;
Onew (Lee JinKi), born in 1989 and the leader of the group. He is also main vocalist
JongHyun (Kim JongHyun) is the lead vocalist and born in 1990.
Key (Kim KiBum) is the main dancer and rapper. Also being vocalist, and born in 1991.
Minho (Choi MinHo) is a vocalist and the main rapper, born in 1991. 
Taemin (Lee TaeMin) is a vocalist and lead dancer, born in 1993.

I am really amazed by Taemin's dance moves - to tell the truth - I LOVE his dance. Just to be clear here.

Two of my favorite songs from Shinee;
(counting out "Lucifer", cause everyone already knows that one being great)

SHINee - JoJo (Kind of calm) (2009)


They have very few real MV's actually. It's a shame. Who wouldn't want to see more dance-moves.

SHINee - Up & Down (A bit up-beat) (2010)


Someone actually cut this pretty well, with the dance-moves from other MV's. It really looks like they sing along sometimes. I'm impressed.

I said TWO of my favorites, right? ... damn! I can't, I'm sorry. 

SHINee - Wowowow (Cheesy but great) (2010)


I'm getting a little bit sad about the none-existent MV's here.

Also, "Ready or Not", "A-Yo" and "Obsession" is a few more of my favorites. It is mostly from the "Lucifer" album... But I guess it is because that album is awesome. And it will be hard for them to outperform that - but I hope they do. 

And then we finish of, with their debut song
SHINee - Replay (Noona Neomu Yeppeo) (2008)
And seriously - Look at that dance-genius Taemin, in this MV.


This really shows my point - their tunes sounds pretty different from track to track.
So, now I'm going to be super exited until their new single comes out! Yeay! 


No comments:

Post a Comment